Creating your own homemade vegan butter is a great alternative to the processed ready-made versions. The great thing about this recipe is that homemade butter can be used exactly the same way as regular butter. It is easily spreadable and can even be used in baking!
Ingredients and Method
- 4 tsbp Almond flour
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 120ml Melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric (optional - this adds colour)
- Flavouring Options:
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Small handful of chives
- Small handful of parsley
- Measure out ingredients and gather in one place. This will make it easier to combine all ingredients together without any mess.
- Using your Kilner® Butter Churner, add in the almond flour, almond milk, salt, nutritional yeast and cider vinegar and churn until smooth.
- Once smooth, pour in the melted coconut oil and olive oil and then continue to churn at a high speed until the mixture is smooth. Add in the turmeric for colour if required (this is optional).
- At this stage, add in any flavourings that you would like to use to create your flavoured butter.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, add to a Kilner® Preserve or Clip Top Jar. Leave to set for a couple of hours. Place in the freezer for 3 minutes to set faster.