1842

The Kilner® Glassworks is established by John Kilner in Thornhill Lees. Production of bottles, jars and apothecary items begins.

Kilner® wins awards in Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney and Melbourne.

1870
1900

The Kilner® Jar is introduced with our famous patented vacuum seal system.

Kilner® expands, exporting globally.

1920
1937

Patents and trademarks are sold to the United Glass Bottle Company. The range expands and the jar designs improves.

The Kilner® Jar is introduced with a metal
disc and screw band.

1960
1970

Plastic screw bands are introduced.

The Rayware Group purchases the design and trademark for the Kilner® Jar.

2000
2013

The first Kilner® TV advert is broadcast across the UK.

Kilner® provide simple solutions for food preparation, storage and eating on-the-go, all with an innovative twist. Perfect for meeting the changing needs of our loyal customers!

Today