Enjoy homemade sourdough naan along side your favourite Indian Curry. Before you get stuck into this delicious recipe, you'll need to make the sourdough starter. Follow our guide on how to successfully make a sourdough starter.
Ingredients and Method
- 60g Sourdough starter
- 100g Natural Yoghurt
- 150g Plain/all-purpose flour
- 20g 4 tsp olive oil
- Pinch Of salt
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well. Using hands, knead it briefly then cover and set aside. Leave the dough to prove for an hour or so at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions and form them into round, circular shapes.
- On a floured surface, flatten the breads, using a rolling pin, to around 5mm thickness.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the breads into the dry pan and cook until brown on both sides.
- Turn the breads, sprinkle olive oil on its surface to keep moist.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with coriander and enjoy!