Seville Orange Marmalade
Ingredients and Method
- 1 kg Seville Oranges
- 75ml Lemon Juice
- 2 kg Demerara Sugar
- Wash the oranges then half and juice them, keeping the squeezed halves.
- Slice the squeezed oranges into medium to thick pieces and place into a bowl along with the orange juice and 2.5 litres water. Leave the mixture to soak for 24 hours.
- Add the mixture into a Kilner® Preserving Pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 2 hours until the peel is soft and the marmalade has reduced.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved then increase the heat and boil rapidly for 10 – 20 minutes until setting point is reached. You can test for the setting point using the wrinkle test method, see our how to guides for details.
- Cool slightly and transfer the mixture into warm sterile Kilner® jars, leaving about 1cm/ 1/2 inch space between the lid and seal your jars. Process your Kilner® jar.
- *The marmalade can be stored for up to 2 years if processed correctly. We recommend the water bath method, check out our how to guides for more details.