Raspberry and Chia Seed Yoghurt
Ingredients and Method
- 500ml cow's milk
- 2 tbsp live yoghurt
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- honey to taste
- Pour the milk into a pan and place over medium to medium-high heat.
- Using the thermometer, warm the milk to the point of boiling, around 80-82°C (180°F).
- Let the milk cool to 43-46°C (110-115°F).
- Pour 250ml/8.5 US fl oz of warm milk into the Kilner® Wide Mouth Jar.
- Add the tablespoons of live yoghurt and mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk and honey to the jar and stir.
- Place the metal lid on the jar and screw tight.
- Place jar inside the insulating pouch.
- Place in a warm, dark location at room temperature, ideally at 20-22°C (68-72°F), for 8-10 hours.
- After 8-10 hours, check the consistency of the yoghurt. Gently shake the jar, if it has slightly thickened up, your yoghurt has been formed. If you prefer your yoghurt to be even thicker, leave it in the insulating pouch for a further 2 hours.
- The yoghurt is now ready to be consumed, add the raspberries and chia seeds on top as well as any other choice of garnish. Homemade yoghurt will last 2 weeks in the fridge.