Purple Sprouting Broccoli Sauce
This Purple Sprouting Broccoli Sauce is perfect for dressing chicken, fish and mixing into pasta dishes. Photography by Karen HB.
Ingredients and Method
- 1 Large head broccoli
- 3 Cloves of crushed garlic
- Dried Chilli or fresh chilli
- 4 Anchovies
- 6 tsp Olive oil
- 30g Grated Parmesan
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the broccoli until tender. Once cooked, save the water in the pan.
- In a separate pan, gently cook the garlic, anchovies and chilli in olive oil until the anchovies melt.
- Add the boiled broccoli into the pan and coat with oil.
- Blend the ingredients together adding in the grated parmesan and a little leftover cooking water to loosen if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Your sauce can be stored in a Kilner® Jar for up to 3 days.