Sticky Plum Jam
Ingredients and Method
- 1 kg Plums
- 1 kg Tate & Lyle® Jam Sugar
- Rinse the plums in cold water. Quarter the plums to remove the stone and place into your Kilner® Preserving Pan.
- Fill the pan with water so it covers the fruit and gently simmer on a low heat until the fruit has softened then crush with a potato masher.
- Add the Tate & Lyle® Jam Sugar to the fruit and stir until dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and bring to a rapid boil for 10 minutes or until the mixture reaches its setting point.
- Cool slightly and transfer to warm sterile Kilner® Jars, leaving about 1cm space between the lid and seal.
- Finally, process your jars.
- Keeps for 12 months in a cool, dry cupboard. Once opened, refrigerate and consume within one month.