Pickled Red Onions and Limes
Ingredients and Method
- 5 Medium Red Onions, sliced
- 2 Limes, thinly sliced
- 300ml Sarson's Pickling Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Corriander
- Add your sliced onions to 500ml of boiling water in your Kilner® Preserving Pan, ensuring they are fully submerged.
- After 1 minute, drain the onions from the boiling water (keep the water – you will need to use this again) and add them to your Kilner® 1 Litre Clip Top Jar, with the slices of lime.
- Using your pan of 500ml boiling water, add Sarson’s pickling vinegar, coriander, peppercorns, salt and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes and stir to ensure all of the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Leave the boiling solution to cool for 10 minutes (DO NOT pour boiling water directly into your jar!), then add to the sliced onion and lime until the liquid level is at the top.
- Seal the jar and allow to cool before refrigerating – your delicious pickled onion and limes will taste best if left to sit for 24 hours.