Ingredients and Method
- 1.2kg Small Cucumbers
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 70ml Water
- 300ml Cider Vinegar
- 120g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Handful of Fresh Dill
- Top and tail the cucumber and slice lengthways so you have thick batons.
- Mix the remainder of ingredients in a pan to make the brine. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved then leave to cool.
- Pack the cucumber vertically into sterilised jars and top with dill then brine so until 5mm below the rim.
- Seal and store in the fridge for at least 2 days, eat within a few weeks.