Ingredients and Method
- 500g Caster Sugar
- 700ml Boiling Water
- 1 Litre Vodka
- Zest of 5 Lemons, grated
- Sterilise a 2L glass jar and lid (see our How To page for instructions).
- Place the sugar and boiling water in a heavy-based pan such as our Kilner® Preserving Pan and heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Leave to cool.
- Add the lemon zest to the sterilised jar and pour in the vodka.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the lemon zest and vodka in the jar. Seal and shake well.
- Leave in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks, then shake well again. Repeat this for 2 months, shaking every 2 weeks until the zest has lost all of its colour.
- Sterilise a 1L bottle.
- Sieve the limoncello before decanting into the bottle.
- Store in a cool dark place and use as a liqueur.