Ingredients and Method
- 1kg Courgettes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Large Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Large Green Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Large Red Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Salt
- 550ml Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ground Mustard
- 3/4 tsp Tumeric
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 900g Sugar
- In a large, shallow dish add the courgettes, onion, peppers and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Add cold water to cover and mix again to dissolve the salt. Leave for a couple of hours in the fridge, then drain and dry thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan or Kilner® Jam Pan, add the cider vinegar, sugar, ground mustard, turmeric, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil whilst stirring then add the courgette mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle the relish into sterilised Kilner® jars leaving a 1cm space at the top of each jar.
- Remove any bubbles then seal tightly with the lids. Leave to cool before storing in the refrigerator.