Ingredients and Method
- 2.5 kg Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the tomatoes in cold water and chop into medium sized pieces.
- Using the Kilner ® Pouring Bottle, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over a clean roasting tray and add the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes until they are soft. This can take up to 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven, depending on the size of the tomato pieces.
- Carefully remove the baking tray from the oven. Using a ladle or spoon add the tomatoes into the Kilner® Sauce Press hopper (the stainless steel part of the Sauce Press).
- Begin by turning the handle clockwise to press the tomatoes. If the mixture gathers near the blade, turn the handle anti-clockwise for two turns and this should loosen.
- Repeat this step until all of the tomatoes have been pureed into the Kilner® 1 Litre Preserve Jar.
- Once complete, remove the hopper carefully and wash thoroughly before storing.
- Add one piece lid to the Kilner® Preserve Jar and process the lid if desired, for more information on sterilising and processing, visit our website.
- Once opened store in the refrigerator.