Ingredients and Method
- 500g Cherry Tomatoes, small and ripe
- 500g Tate & Lyle® Preserving Sugar
- 1 Stick of Cinnamon
- 1 Peel of Lemon
- Place the tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for around 25-30 seconds then remove with a slotted spoon. Begin peeling the skin off the tomatoes and place in a Kilner® Preserving Pan.
- Crush the tomatoes with a potato masher then add the Tate & Lyle® Preserving Sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes, use a potato masher to break up the tomatoes.
- Remove the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and mash further until the tomatoes are thick and gooey.
- Return to simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir well before pouring the chutney into the warm sterilised Kilner® Jars, leaving about 1cm space between the lid and seal.
- Finally, process your jars.
- Store in a cool dark place for up to 12 months. Once opened, refrigerate and consume within one month.