British Summer Berry Jam
Ingredients and Method
- 1 kg Tate & Lyle® Jam Sugar
- 400g Raspberries
- 600g Strawberries, washed and hulled
- Add the berries and sugar to a Kilner® Preserving Pan.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a Kilner® Spatula and Bubble Remover, gently squashing the fruits and releasing the juices.
- Warm gently over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to a rapid boil for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens or reaches setting point.
- Allow the jam to cool and decant into freshly sterilised Kilner® Jars, leaving about 1cm space between the lid and seal.
- Finally, process your jars.
- Keeps for 12 months in a cool, dry cupboard. Once opened, refrigerate and consume within one month.