Sugar Free Blueberry Jam
Ingredients and Method
- 600g Fresh or Frozen (defrosted) Blueberries
- 250ml Water
- 50g Pectin
- Add the blueberries to a Kilner® Preserving Pan.
- Using a hand blender or masher, blend until the blueberries are the desired consistency. We recommend a consistency that is smooth and thick.
- Add the 250ml of water and 50g of pectin to the blueberries over a medium heat and stir until dissolved.
- Check for setting point. To do this, place a small plate in the freezer for 30 minutes.Remove the plate from the freezer and add a small teaspoon of jam. Push the jam with your finger after 30 seconds. If the jam wrinkles the setting point has been reached.
- Once complete decant into a sterilized Kilner® Preserve Jar and process for maximum shelf life.
- Unprocessed jars should be stored in the fridge and consumed within 1 week.