Strawberry and Rose Water Jam Recipe
Ingredients and Method
- 1kg Strawberries
- 750g Jam Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Small knob of butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp Rosewater
- Combine the prepared strawberries with sugar in a bowl and leave overnight at room temperature. This helps the strawberries keep their shape and improves flavour.
- Place two saucers into the freezer for testing consistency later on.
- Tip the strawberry mixture into a large stainless steel pan with lemon juice and rosewater. Begin cooking slowly, the sugar needs to be completely dissolved before you turn up the heat.
- Boil hard for 10 minutes or until the jam has reached 105C. Spoon a little jam onto one of the saucers and push your finger through it, if it wrinkles the jam and doesn’t flood to fill the gap, the jam is ready.
- Skim off any scum off the jam and add the knob of butter.
- Ladle into sterilised jars, this is a soft-set jam.