Ingredients and Method
- 900g Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 800g Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Add all of the strawberries into a Kilner® Preserving Pan and crush with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil until the mixture reaches 105°C/ 220°F whilst still continuing to stir.
- Cool slightly and transfer the mixture into hot sterile Kilner® jars, leaving about 1cm/ 1/2 inch space between the lid and seal your jar.
- Process your Kilner® jars.
- Keeps for 6 months in a cool, dark cupboard. Once opened, refrigerate.