Festive Sloe Gin
Ingredients and Method
- 700ml Gin
- 800g Sloe Berries
- 280g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks, crushed
- 1 Star Anise
- A few Cloves
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- Wash your berries but make sure that they are dried thoroughly.
- Prick each berry with a sharp tool such as a pin or a fork. This helps to release the juices and flavours.
- Add the berries to the Kilner® Clip Top Jar then add the gin, spices and sugar and store in a dark, dry place.
- Tip the jar upside down and gently shake every couple of days. This allows all of the ingredients to agitate together and enriches the flavour.
- Leave the mixture for 2 - 3 months, the longer you leave it the better it will taste.
- Strain the liquid using the muslin cloth and decant into the individual Kilner® Clip Top Bottles.
- Extra sugar can be added after to taste.