Preserved Nectarines in Syrup
Ingredients and Method
- 1 kg Ripe Nectarines
- 1.5 litres Water
- 400g Caster Sugar
- Wash and dry the nectarines and remove any stalks or leaves.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits, cut into slices.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved, then lower the heat to keep warm.
- Pack the nectarine slices into warm sterilised Kilner jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Add the syrup to within 1/2 inch of the rim. Remove air bubbles with a Kilner spatula and add additional syrup, as needed.
- Wipe jar rim and place the lids and bands on jar.
- Process your jars and check that seals have formed before storing.