Ingredients and Method
- 300g Carrots
- 50g Fresh Ginger
- 2 tsp Salt
- 600ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- Peel and trim the carrots and slice into fine ribbons with a potato peeler.
- Thinly slice the ginger and add 1/2 tsp of salt to it, mix well. In a separate bowl, add the remaining salt to the carrots and mix well. Leave both to stand for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the carrots and ginger then pack into sterilised Kilner® jars.
- Gently warm the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved and pour over the ginger and carrots. Leave for at least 24 hours and eat within a few weeks.