Ingredients and Method
- 1.6kg Organic Marrow
- 300g Sultanas
- 4 Shallots
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 400g Demerara Brown Soft Sugar
- 2 Large Bramley Apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 375ml Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Chopped Chillies
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Peel and cube marrows. Sprinkle generously with salt, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Rinse very well the next day, place into a Kilner® Preserving Pan, add all the other ingredients and slowly bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 1-2 hours or until you see the consistency is thick. Stir occasionally.
- When you are about 10 minutes from what you like the consistency to be, sterilise your Kilner jars, pour the chutney in and seal.