Ingredients and Method
- 2.5 Litres of Water
- 4-6 Teabags (2 should be black tea)
- 225g White Sugar
- 1 Kombucha Culture (Scoby)
- 300ml Kombucha Tea from previous batch, or 3 tbsp of cider vinegar
- Bring 2.5 litres of water to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and add 225g of white sugar and 4-6 teabags then stir. Leave for 15 minutes before removing.
- Leave the mixture to cool further until it reaches room temperature. Then add 300ml Kombucha tea from a previous batch or purchased (or 3tbsp of cider vinegar).
- Pour into the Kilner® Kombucha Dispenser.
- Add the scoby, DO NOT ADD WHEN HOT. If the scoby is added when the liquid is hot, it will prevent fermentation. It is important that air is allowed to circulate around the Kombucha mixture.
- Once you have the desired taste, with clean hands remove the muslin and scoby.
- Add the wooden push top lid and store in the fridge to keep fresh.
- You can then store the scoby along with a small amount of the Kombucha in a Kilner® Clip Top Jar ready to use for your next batch.