Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
A great way to include nuts into your diet is through creating your own delicious nut butters; try our delicious dark chocolate and almond butter.
Ingredients and Method
- 250g Unsalted whole roasted almonds
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50g Dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (or any preferred oil).
- 10g Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Process 250g of almonds in a food processor mixing regularly to ensure an even blend. Continue to process until you reach the desired thick, smooth consistency.
- Melt the dark chocolate slowly on the hob making sure it does not burn. Add the small amount of oil and stir.
- Add the melted chocolate to the almonds along with the vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Add the mixture back into the processor and blend until smooth.
- Decant into your favourite Kilner® Preserve, Clip Top or Twist Top Jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.