Ingredients and Method
- 900g Damsons
- 1.2kg Sugar
- 1.2 Litres of Water
- Wash and dry the damsons before halving and placing in a Kilner® Preserving Pan.
- Add the water to the pan then bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain the contents through a Kilner® muslin cloth into another pan.
- Add the sugar to the liquid and bring gently to a boil whilst stirring. When the sugar has dissolved, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before decanting into sterilised Kilner® bottles. Dilute with water before serving.