Blackberry & Apple Jam
Ingredients and Method
- 900g Blackberries
- 350g Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 350ml Water
- 1.2kg Sugar
- Place the apples into a Kilner® Preserving Pan with the water and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the apples start to soften, around 10 minutes.
- Add the blackberries to the pan and continue to cook until soft.
- Reduce the heat and add the sugar to the pan.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved then increase the heat and boil rapidly for around 20 minutes until setting point is reached. You can test for the setting point using the wrinkle test method, see our how to guides for details.
- Ladle the jam into sterilised jars leaving a 1cm space at the top of each jar. Remove any air bubbles from the jar before sealing.
- Finally process your jars.