Ingredients and Method
- 1.1 kg Apples
- 150g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 100ml Water
- Wash the apples in cold water and remove the peel and core. Chop the apples into small sized cubes.
- .Place cubed apples into the Kilner® Preserving Pan over a medium heat along with water, lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Leaving on a medium heat, allow the apples to boil until they become soft. Be sure to stir the mixture regularly.
- Remove from the heat and using a ladle or spoon carefully add the contents to the Kilner® Sauce Press hopper (the stainless steel part of the sauce press).
- Begin turning the handle clockwise to press the apples. If any of the mixture gathers near the blade, turn the handle anti-clockwise for two turns and this should loosen.
- Repeat this step until all of the apples have been pureed into the Kilner®1 Litre/ 34 fl oz Preserve Jar.
- Once complete, remove the hopper carefully and wash thoroughly before storing.
- Add the one piece lid to the Kilner® Preserve Jar and process the jar if desired.
- Once opened store in the refrigerator