Apple & Cranberry Chutney
Ingredients and Method
- 1kg Cooking Apples, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 500g Apples, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 450g Onions, sliced
- 50g Fresh Root Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 500g Granulated Sugar
- 250ml Cider Vinegar
- 500g Cranberries
- Put all the ingredients in a large pan apart from the cranberries and cook over a low heat mixing well to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the mixture, then lower the heat and simmer without a lid for 50 minutes to an hour ensuring to stir well so that the chutney thickens.
- Pour in the cranberries and simmer for ten minutes but ensure the cranberries do not split.
- Put the chutney into sterilised jars straight from the pan and seal.
- Store in a cool, dark place.