Almond & Vanilla Nut Drink
Ingredients and Method
- 125g Almonds, soaked in water for 6-8 hours
- 400ml Water
- 3-4 Medjool Dates
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Fill the jar up to the 125ml indicator line with almonds then add water up to the 500ml line.
- Leave covered for 8 hours to soak.
- Once soaked, dispose the water and replace with fresh water up to the 500ml line.
- Add dates, vanilla extract and salt.
- Place the silicone splash guard on and secure with the screw band.
- Insert the hand blender and mix for 2-3 minutes at minimum speed.
- Remove the splash guard.
- Stir the nixture thoroughly with a spoon.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the silicone pouring lip, filter press plunger on the jar and secure with the screw band.
- Press the plunger down very slowly to separate the almonds from the liquid.
- Pour the drink straight from the jar and enjoy!
- The nut milk can be stored in the fridge and consumed for up to three days.