Kilner Jar Marrow Chutney.
This delicious recipe was sent to us by Mandy Bauer, one of our Kilner club members.
Sign up here: http://www.kilnerjar.co.uk/Home/KilnerClub
1. 1.6kg of organic marrow
2. 300g organic sultanas
3. 4 shallots
4. 1 tablespoon grated organic fresh ginger (peeled)
5. 2 organic garlic cloves
6. 400g demerara brown soft sugar
7. 2 large Bramley apples (cored, chopped and peeled)
8. 375ml organic cider vinegar
9. 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
10. 1 teaspoon chopped Chillies (I used some red organic ones from the Isle of Wight)
11. 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Peel and cube marrows, ( I didn’t seed mine, the seeds were very soft once cooked)
2. Put salt on, cover and put in fridge overnight
3. Rinse very well the next day.
4. Put into pot, then add all the other ingredients and slowly bring to boil.
5. Then lower the heat and let it all simmer for about 1-2 hours or until you see the consistency is quite thick. You can stir occasionally but less is more in this case.
And then when you are about 10 minutes from what you like the consistency to be, sterilise your Kilner jars and pour the chutney in and seal.
Visit our website: www.kilnerjar.co.uk
Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/Kilner.UK
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kilner_UK
admin 18th September 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised