- 900g (2 lb) fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 800g (1 3/4lb) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add all of the strawberries into a Kilner jam pan and crush with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Continue to stir and boil until the mixture reaches 105°C.
- Cool slightly, transfer to hot sterile Kilner jars, leaving about 1cm space between the lid and seal.
- Keeps for 6 months in a cool, dry cupboard.
- Once opened, refrigerate.
admin 25th November 2013
Posted In: Uncategorised