Spiced Plum Chutney
This delicious recipe was sent to us by Michael Murray, a member of our Kilner club. If you would like to join sign up here: http://www.kilnerjar.co.uk/KilnerClub
Storage: 6 months
1kg plums, halved, stoned and finely chopped
3 onions, finely chopped
100g dried cranberries or raisings roughly chopped
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
1tbsp black mustard seeds
1 tbsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
400ml red wine vinegar
500g light muscovado sugar
1. Mix all of the ingredients apart from the sugar together in a big pan and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for ten minutes to tenderise the plums
3. Add 2 tsp salt and the sugar and mix well to dissolve.
4. Keep the pan uncovered and boil the mixture for 25-30 minutes stirring every so often to avoid it sticking to the pan.
5. Add a punnet of stoned & quartered plums to the mixture & simmer for ten minutes to tenderize the plums.
6. Pour the chutney into warm sterilised jars and seal. Make sure the chutney is stored for at least 2 weeks before opening.
admin 16th September 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised
Tags: BBCGoodFood, Budget, Chutney, Country, delicious, family, food, fruit, JamieOliver, jams, jars, kilner, kitchen, pickles, plums, preserves, rayware, recipe, Save, seasonal, sweet, tasty, uk, yummy