This is an interesting twist on classic strawberry jam. If you love strawberry jam a but fancy a little bit of an extra fruit boost, try this recipe.
You will need:
· 800g strawberries
· 600g raspberries
· 1.5kg of jam sugar
· 1 litre of water
· 3 tbsp of lemon juice
· Kilner Jam pan
· Kilner preserving jars
· Slotted spoon
- Put the raspberries into the Kilner jam pan and add the water and all of the strawberries and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Allow to simmer for a further half an hour on a gentle heat.
- Stir in the remaining sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Bring the jam to boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and skim the excess with your spoon.
- Take your sterilised Kilner jars and fill with your sticky sweet jam.
Don’t forget to sterilise your jars thoroughly, and check your jars for chips and cracks first.
For your preserving checklist, FAQs and dos and don’ts, go to http://www.kilnerjar.co.uk/Preserving
TIP: It’s a universally known fact(!) that raspberry goes amazingly with chocolate, so why not serve up a cream tea with a modern twist: chocolate chip scones, sweet strawberry & raunchy raspberry jam with a dollop of cream? Nice.
The new 31 piece Kilner preserving gift set is out now. Find out more, and where to buy on www.kilnerjar.co.uk
admin 21st July 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised