Enjoy a French breakfast with a warm croissant, a pot of blackberry jam and a hot cup of coffee.
Happy Bastille Day!
Bastille Day blackberry jam.
You will need:
- 1.8kg of blackberries
- 50ml of lemon juice
- 1.8kg of jam sugar
- 1tsp butter
- Kilner Jam Pan
- Kilner preserving jars
- Slotted spoon
- Wash your freshly picked blackberries in cold water and drain.
- Take your Kilner jam pan and place blackberries inside.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes until the berries have become soft.
- Add the sugar and gently heat, stirring as you go.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved, add the butter and bring to the boil.
- Boil your jam for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Allow your jam to cool for 10 minutes.
- Skim the surface of the jam with a slotted spoon.
- Take your sterilised Kilner preserve jars and fill with your delicious jam.
- Seal the jam for later or enjoy straight onto your croissant.
admin 14th July 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised
Tags: BastilleDay, blackberries, breakfast, butter, celebrate, coffee, cook, croissant, Festival, food, France, French, fruit, Garden, grow, homemade, jam, jamjars, kilner, kitchen, make, Monday, morning, preserving, recipe, sugar, yummy