Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo this coming week? (…or just looking for an excuse to make delicious cocktails?!) With a slight summer twist on the traditional recipe, why not try this truly sensational lemon-lime margarita concoction?
Here’s what you’ll need to make 4 cocktails:
- 4 Kilner preserve jars (0.5L)…The threaded rims hold the salt on the edges really well!
- A large pitcher
- A small shallow bowl
- 2oz lime juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 4oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 6oz Tequila
- 3oz Triple Sec
- Agave Nectar (You can also use sugar, but agave tastes better.)
- Kosher salt
And if you feel like spicing things up a bit, add a little bit more Mexico to your cocktail…
- 1 fresh Jalapeno (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Figure out how many of your guests want spicy margaritas and how many want mild.
- Pour salt into your shallow bowl.
- Using a slice of lemon or lime, moisten the edge of your Kilner jar drinking glasses.
- Dip the moistened rims of the glasses for the non-spicy margaritas in salt. Tap once and flip over.
- Now, add cayenne pepper to your salt.
- Moisten the edges of the glasses for your spicy margarita drinkers. Dip the glasses in the cayenne/salt mixture. Tap once and flip right side up.
- Add a healthy pinch of salt/cayenne mixture and a slice of fresh jalapeno to the spicy glasses.
- In a pitcher, combine the tequila, lemon juice, lime juice and triple sec.
- Taste and add agave nectar to sweeten to your taste.
- Put some ice cubes in each glass and pour your Margarita mix in carefully, so you don’t mess up those salted rims.
- Drink and enjoy!!
us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kilner.UK
Follow us on Twitter: @Kilner_UK
Pin the recipe on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kilner/
Share your cocktail snaps with us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/kilner_uk/
Recipe courtesy of
admin 1st May 2015
Posted In: Uncategorised