Over the great Irish airwaves of RTÉ’s Radio 1, @TracysKitchenIE broadcasted a delectable homemade lemonade recipe— which she proudly
crafted to fit our popular Kilner 8 litre drinks dispenser.
Tracy was the winner of The Great Irish Bake Off 2014; she shared her excellent recipes for RTE’s ‘Today with Sean O’Rourke’ on May 1st 2015.
Here’s an excerpt from her blog that includes the recipe:
“This is a brilliant recipe for parties where kids and adults gather – it has a great shot of vitamin C and is a far healthier alternative to commercial soft drinks, despite the sugar. I have geared up this recipe to fit
in Kilner’s 8 litre dispenser, which is always a conversation piece at my house parties…these can be bought in most hardware stores and Heatons always have them in stock!
What you need… (Makes about 8 Litres)
- 900g White Sugar & 1.2 litres Hot Water for the sugar syrup
- 14 lemons juiced
- 8 oranges juiced
- Additional 5.4 litres Cold Water
- Lemon Slices to garnish and lots of ice
What you do…
- Make the sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar in the 1.2 litres of hot water simmering in a pan if necessary and allow to cool.
- Juice the lemons and oranges and strain the pips. Combine the fruit juice with the sugar syrup and the 5.4 litres of cold water and serve over ice in large jugs or in the dispenser jar as suggested.
- More water and or lemon may be added to make this less sweet according to taste.
- For a special treat use sparkling water for an extra zing!”
Featured on: Today with
Sean O’Rourke on RTÉ Radio 1 (@TodaySOR)
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kilner.UK
Follow us on Twitter: @Kilner_UK
Pin the recipe on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kilner/
Share your snaps with us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/kilner_uk/
admin 6th May 2015
Posted In: Uncategorised