Autumn is here and with it comes comfort food, cosy nights in and creative interior ideas.
There is nothing better than enjoying piping hot soup after battling the wet and windy weather outside.
Try this heart warming butternut squash soup and pour it lovingly into your favourite Kilner jar.
Image taken from Pacific Merchants http://bit.ly/1t7QMOI
Comforting Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash
2 cloves of garlic
500g vegetable stock
75ml of olive oil
150ml double cream
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6
- Peal and dice the butternut squash. Place on baking try and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about half an hour.
- In a frying pan with 1tbs of olive oil, fry the onion. Add the garlic and season with salt.
- In a large pan boil the vegetable stock and add the onion and garlic.
- Blend the butternut squash in a food processor and add to the pan.
- Simmer for ten minutes and add a little more salt and pepper.
- Pour in the double cream.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour lovingly into your favourite kilner jar and enjoy.
Kilner Autumn Craft Inspiration
Image taken from Red Ted Art’s Blog
I love taking long walks in the countryside in autumn and kicking through all the beautiful fiery leaves. This is where I found the inspiration for the next autumn idea:
Kilner Autumn Leaves Lamp
Simply select a handful of beautiful autumn leaves, dry them out and decoupage your Kilner jar. Now drop in a tea light.
Remember to make a wish when you blow it out!
admin 5th September 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised
Autumn, BBC, comfort, Craft, decoration, diet, family, food, fun, Goodfood, interior, Kids, kilner, kitchen, lamp, rayware, recipe, soup, tealight, Winter, yummy