We were inspired by this recipe from lovegrowswild.com to make our own home made mint sugar body scrub for Mother’s Day.
What makes this is such a great present for Mother’s Day is that it’s home made, is a fabulous beauty product and it’s very, very quick and easy for you to make at home!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food colouring
- 1 drop blue food colouring
1. Place the coconut oil in a bowl and microwave on a high heat for around 20-30 seconds or until it softens.
2. Next, add the 3½ cups sugar (you can add slightly more/less if you want your scrub to be more coarse/smooth) to the oil, along with the peppermint extract and food colouring.
3. Mix this until ingredients are well combined and food coloring is evenly distributed. If mixture is too wet, slowly add more sugar until the scrub is to your desired consistency.
4. Transfer the body scrub into Kilner jars and decorate with a ribbon of your mum’s favourite colour.
You can even pop a luffa or body brush on top for an added wow factor!
admin 25th March 2014
Posted In: Uncategorised